Youths That Inspire: Cassidy Wilmot

Friday, January 22, 2016

Meet Cassidy Wilmot



This young star in the making is actually one of my favorite young YouTubers! You can tell this young lady is definitely about her business, she makes me want to be the same way. Check out what the star in the making and I talked about


So, I've noticed you're seeming to be somewhat of a triple threat? Including music, what else are involved in? 

Thank you! I am an R&B soul artist and I also play guitar. But aside from that, I also love modeling, it's just something that I’ve been good at I’ve acted before in theater and I am a hip hop dancer.

You're originally from LA, correct? How was growing up there?

 I am not from LA but it almost seems as if  I am because I am up there so often! I originally grew up in Dallas, TX and moved to San Diego, CA in the third grade. I'm now a sophomore in high school and have been living here in SD ever since! I just recently started traveling to LA a lot when I signed to ATV because nothing really happens here in San Diego lol


Did it influence your current career choices, and how so?

Even living in Texas I would always see things about California and how most singing jobs were there so when my dad got a job in Cali I was so excited! Living in California made me want to pursue my dreams of being a star so much more.


Is there anyone that you looked up to as a child or youth that may have motivated your career choices? 

 Beyonce has always been a role model for me as an artist ever since I was little. Anytime I would see a performance by her, I would always be inspired and hope for that to be me one day.


I actually discovered you back when my old YouTube channel was partnered with ATV, how did you get involved with YouTube? 

 I've always wanted to upload YouTube videos because i think its a really good way to get yourself out more, but what really made me want to have a YouTube was when I went to Vidicon for the first time and fell in love with the platform of YouTube and how it could help me!

I noticed you're very dedicated to both YouTube and your music, what helps you to stay so focused?

 It really doesn’t take much to stay focused on the things you love, getting in front of a lights and camera and singing is so fun and it makes the job so much easier. 

Did you find it difficult, getting started with YouTube and all?

I did, people really don’t know how much goes on behind the scenes especially if you’re signed to a network. I did lots of research and it took a couple months to get everything set up on my channel.

What is your ultimate goal as far as your music career goes?

My goal is to make singing my career. It's something I’m very passionate about and love, music definitely runs the world and for me to get to be the one putting music out for people to connect to would be incredible. 


Has it been hard for you, getting thus far, in both areas?

 It has been hard to get this far. I'm so blessed for all the opportunities that have come my way but nothing has ever been given to me. I’ve had to work hard for everything that I have, which is good.

If you were to give advice to anyone juggling trying to have a successful YouTube channel and someone who is trying to get noticed as a singer, what would you say?

 I would say don’t give-up and make sure to know yourself as an artist, as long as you are yourself people will love you.

Are there any projects that you are working on thus far that rather it be YouTube or Music, that we should be expecting?

 I'm currently in an audition process for a singing project that is top secret, but as for YouTube I’m working on upgrading my covers and getting some of my own music out on a soundcloud account! 

-------------------------------

Talking with Cassidy really shows me that age has nothing to do with dreams and determination! Her being so young, personally motivates me to make sure I push forward in my own aspirations! Be sure to search her on YouTube, check out her soulful tunes and keep an eye out for that secret project! 

This isn't Goodbye, it's see you later, until next time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images