LEMONADE, anyone?

Friday, May 20, 2016

Yes, that title was the best I come up with, don't come for me please. ANYWAY, I've been gone for MONTHS! You guuyysss, did you miss me? No? Well, that's awkward. I would give you a little update but I'm sure you aren't concerned. Let's get to the point of this post.





MRS CARTERRRR (or not anymore? oops)

Maybe I'm the only one who was completely surprised by the album, I don't know. What I do know is - this is probably the most (or one of the most) relatable drops I've ever heard, especially from Beyonce! Jay, honey, I don't know what you did but baby I suggest you tighten uuppp.

Personally, I'm really not a beyonce fan, but this had my ears wide open. And while I'm sure my favorite songs from Lemonade are everyones favorites, I'm going to talk about them anyway and you guy can feel free to jump in.

1. Don't Hurt Yourself

This is my FAVORITE off of the album (did I mention how timely this whole album was for me cause honey let me tell you).

"Who the f--k do you think I is?
You ain't married to no average b--ch boy...

Blindly in love, I f--ks with you
'Til I realize, I'm just too much for you

I'm just too much for you..."

Why are those my favorite lyrics? This whole song is realization if you ask me. Her realizing she's too good for him, her trying to him to realize that she is a walking flame and will burn everything he loves with no problem (angry isn't even the word for this song or how I felt when I heard it), and I love to see a woman remember her power.

2. Hold up

"Hold up, they don't love you like I love you
Slow down, they don't love you like I love you...

What a wicked way to treat the girl that loves you.."

Again, relatable much? Don't confuse this song with a plead for him to realize how much she loves him, no no. It's more so "Are you stupid boy? These little empty headed girls won't ever give you what I've given you." You get it? She's helping him acknowledge his stupidity if anything. Sometimes you have to do that, this album is just.... YAS BEY.

3. Sorry

"Now you want to say you're sorry
Now you want to call me crying...
Now I'm the one that's lying
And I don't feel bad about it
It's exactly what you get
Stop interrupting my grinding
(You interrupting my grinding)
I ain't thinking 'bout you"

This is the its too late song. Because you've been trying and trying with him, he didn't want to comprehend so you move on with life and NOW homeboy wanna come calling you talking about "babe" "I miss you". BOY. I'm not even going to go there. It's such a satisfying feeling, though, when you finally get to this point of the post-breakup. Like, you won't understand the immense feeling of satisfaction, unless you really experience it.


I just wanted to give you guys my top 3, I have a few others I really like but these are by far my faves. If I had to rate this album, Bey would get a strong 20 out of 5, because seriously.

 Did y'all love her album too, or do you guys think it was too much? Comment and let me know, because I know there was definitely mixed emotions here.

Feels great to be back, thanks y'all for reading! This isn't goodbye, it's see you later. Until next time! xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images