NEW MUSIC: Tink - WD4 / Frank Ocean - Blond

Friday, September 02, 2016

Seems like a few artists decided to end August off the right way! Tink and Frank Ocean (I was just as surprised) are just a few who decided to throw some new tunes our way to vibe out to for the last of our summer nights. 

Image result for tink wd4Image result for frank ocean blonde

So if you didn't know, Tink is one of my absolute favorites! Which is why I was excited beyond words when she blessed us with Winter's Diary 4, my heart was simply overwhelmed. If you really ever wanted to know who I believe is saving our 90's music, I would confidently say this Illinois native, all while she adds her modern flare ever now and again. I think it was destiny that Timbland was ever able to get his hands on her! Let's get into my favorite tracks?

 Image result for tink wd4

Track Three: Show It

"I want this to work so bad, it hurts so bad. And it hurts me, 'cause I know you don't deserve me. But I'd be a fool to ever leave, 'cause you're all that I got...
If it's real, when we chill I should know it, know it, know it. What's the point of calling me your main b-tch if we can't even show it, show it, show it? I need a little a more proof from you. Your sides gotten way to quiet, actions speak louder than words, show it, show it, show it."

Once again, Tink is coming right on time! In this track, it's clear to see she's having some doubts of the authenticity of her and her lovers relationship. Beginning to doubt if it's even real, but knowing in her heart that they're all she's got so where would she really go? Most of us have been there before, I'm sure. When our love interest, stops showing the interest they use to? Ladies, you know what your dude is acting fishy, but you're not ready to go anywhere? Yeah, I've been there.

Track Seven: Surprizes

"Do you like surprises? 'Cause everything that I try with you is all brand new, I'm hoping that you like it."

I'm sure this one is quite obvious. Maybe after not being too sure of where they stand, Tink decides to spruce it up in the bedroom ;) Let's be honest, who doesn't love a new adventure right? No one likes to be bored!

Track Ten: Mvp

"They call me the MVP you could never, ever bench me.
Slide through your crib when your n-gga say it's empty. Feeling on my ahh like you wanna be the father, one trip on my ahh and I took him like a robber. Hop back in my bag and this is not no plastic, these are louboutins... Heavy is the crown but I wear it with ease, all these n-ggas lactose, acting scared of this cheese..
."

Though my hip hop hero may have been gone for a minute, she reminds us in this track that she hasn't lost it! Reminding you that she is indeed the MVP, can steal your man while wearing her crown and collecting the bread that fellas are acting too afraid to work for and grab! Lots of attitude in this one, but truly, can we blame her? Feisty Tink is the best Tink.


Track Fifteen: Blood, Sweat & Tears

"This industry so f---ing fake I don't know what to say, put in my blood, my sweat and tears, now that I'm here they want my mind, want my soul. They want my time, want control, they wanna place me in a box, look at my rocks I climbed a lot so why would you knock me? I give and they take, try turning me into something I ain't..."

Isn't this something we hear from so many truly creative artists? The industry trying to conform them into what they want them to be instead of letting them be who they truly are? I genuinely hope this trailblazer doesn't fall under the pressure, though as we can her from her consistent flow and style of music, thankfully she's staying true to herself! And I know I speak for all her fans when I say, thank goodness!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, you would've thought that I would write about Mister Ocean first, being as though it's been God knows how long (4 years, one month and 16 days, but who's counting?) since we've gotten a new album from him. But I didn't, why? 
Blonde - Frank Ocean.jpeg

I will tell you why. It's because, I was unimpressed entirely. Remember folks, before you line up with pitchforks, I only write of my own opinions unless there are stated facts. Now, maybe it's because I've simply fallen off of the Frank Ocean hype (because let's be honest, he nearly had an era of his own), I haven't listened to him in a while and I was never a Stan. A follow of mine also said that maybe it's because we've waited for him for sooo long, and just expected more, maybe, I don't know! What I do know is, I have no favorite tracks to provide. I don't mind listening to "Be Yourself", "Self Control", and "Facebook Story" a few times, but truly that's all. Could I give the album another chance and a fresh mindset? Sure, why not. However, I have no motive to do so. With that being said, I'm a bit upset I wasted that $10.00 on iTunes, when it could've went to some food.

If you have some favorites of his, or think I should just give the entire album a second chance, let me know! Maybe I'll do a re-write of my opinion and it'll be a positive light. I'm happy for him and all of his fans though, I know it's been a long time coming.

That's all I have guys!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
This isn't goodbye, it's see ya later.
Until next time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images