Pure Nostaliga

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

So, I'm on YouTube watching these old nickelodeon shows and I just thought about the whole 90's era and how great it was. The shows, the trends, all of that. So let's take a trip down memory lane shall we?


Nick Rewind!

KaBLam!

















One of the lost gems of nickelodeon's time capsule. This was an animated variety show, hosted by June (blue hair) and Henry (green hair). I try to find old episodes on YouTube to watch in my spare time. One of my favorite segments was 'Life With Loopy' which was about a young girl with an older brother and vivid imagination, as well as 'Prometheus and Bob' which followed the adventures of Prometheus the alien and Bob the caveman. I suppose now that we're all older, the humor has an acquired taste. However, all Nick show's will forever get the same reaction from me as they did years ago.


Cousin Skeeter

 

There's no way you could've forgotten this dynamic duo! Cousin Skeeter was one of my favorite 'live' shows (because my tv schedule consisted mostly of cartoons), my favorite puppet on TV! Forever getting into trouble and not knowing how to get out of it, I keep forgetting this was one of Megan Good's first consistent mainstream project!

Kenan & Kel



Everyone's favorite partners in crime! There's no way you can forget these two, despite not seeing their faces in the picture you automatically know who's the topic. Always coming out with schemes without a plan B, or a good plan A to began with, rather you were into Nickelodeon or not, these two were household topics during their time on the air.

All That!



The original cast of  All That!, don't get me wrong, I was a loyal fan of the series itself and enjoyed every season, each cast, but let's be real - Nothing is better than the original. Back when not every show had the same plot, and things were actually funny, this is literally my favorite show of all time. I still watch it til this very day, well I watch all of these but yeah you get the point.

Ren & Stimpy



Let me tell you, one of my favorite cartoons ever. They remind me of Pink & The Brain, Ren being the schemer and Stimpy being the test dummy. Masters of mischief, I always wondered what they were in terms of species (literally just found out Ren is a psychotic chihuahua and Stimpy is just a not so intelligent cat). One of my favorite animated duo's, if you don't remember them, I strongly suggest you go catch up on some old episodes.


----------------------------------------------
You're probably reading this like.... okay? Who cares about some old cartoons, grow up! Well, no I won't grow up. The older I get the more I miss my childhood. So, if you're in the same boat feel free to share some of your favorite childhood shows too ♥

This isn't goodbye, it's see you later, until next time!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images