Let's Talk: Pro Black

Friday, September 25, 2015


I know I may or may not get a lot of 'back talk' from this, but that's fine everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Let me first say, I am all for empowerment and being proud of your race. I love it, honestly I do, it's a beautiful thing to see races and communities come together and build up one another. All power to you if you participate in that. However, here's my issue.


I posted on my tumblr some time ago "Black Pride Is NOT White Hate." Why did I say that? Because so many people are making it to be that way. This is my first issue with this sudden pride everyone has gained overnight. I see my men & women of color bashing others races or saying how superior African American's are compared to others because of what we went through and because of their ancestors and what have you.

1. Most of you hated African American History in school.
2. A lot of you know nothing of what actually happened back then, yet you're so furious.
3. You just started shouting 'Black Pride' because the Black Lives Matter hashtag looked cool and got you followers on social media.

I did not say ALL, because I keep up with various people who justly and respectfully speak of our history and things like this. However, a lot of people are doing this for trend and it sickens me. Not only because I feel like you're making a mockery of those who are actually serious about this prideful movement, but also because people are going about it in the wrong manner. Bashing others (more so Caucasians individuals) because they admire our culture and our body and our hair. Saying they're trying to copy us or steal from us. Baby, no one can steal you and who you are. Granted, some have done things out of inspirations of African American's and with that have tried to bash us however that's them and they are ignorant and to be ignored. I know I surely will not get mad enough to arguing with someone because I inspired them and they admire my looks. I'm not saying join hands and sing praises together but instead of being mad, why not be proud? Because there was indeed a time that we were ridiculed for our looks, and now we are darn near praised for them. Just something to think about.

Secondly, White on Black Crime is nothing new. Yes, a lot of vicious things have begun to happen between the two very recently and frequently, I'll give you that, but its not new. There were things happened for years, however now its making the news more and now everyone wants to raise their fist to the air? Because its a hot topic. So many had RIP Sean Bell, Mike Brown and Trayvon Martin in their bio, yet now so many of your memories have to be jogged in regards to who they were and why their names are important. Once again, this is applied to everyone but to those who it does apply to, you know who you are. How about instead of trying to just join the social media movement, you join the actual movement? Change your lifestyle, better yourselves. Stop supporting Black on Black Crimes, because yes whether you know it or not, it is a thing and many unknowingly support it. You cannot pick the straw out of your brothers eye without removing the rafter out of your own. Fix yourself first before you try and bash others for doing to you what they see you doing to you. I'm not justifying any violent behavior in or out of your own race, I'm simply making statements and sharing my own opinions. 



So, do you agree or disagree? Wanna enlighten me on some things or share opinions with another? Feel free to contact me on either social media site (Instagram or Twitter) and I'll gladly have a discussion with you about whatever.

This isn't goodbye, this is see you later. Until next time!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. https://secretsthatsell.wordpress.com/2015/10/04/lets-talk-pro-black-a-response/

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images